Upcoming Events

All Events

About Us

Who We Are

We are the Youth Ministry and Discipleship Department of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina. Our Senior Consultant for Youth Ministry is Merrie Johnson. Merrie is entering into her 30th year in youth ministry. She has served on several church staffs over the years, worked with Centrifuge and has been the Senior Consultant for Youth Ministry for the past 15 years. Merrie has such a passion for helping students come to know Christ and helping them grow in their day-to-day walk.

Working with Merrie is the BeDoTell Team, better known as BDT, which is comprised of college students who love the Lord and desire to serve Him through our youth events.  The BDT Team share their witness for God through music, drama, media and testimony during Caswell summer camps and as they travel across North Carolina.

Our Purpose

[BE] Our purpose is to connect people, specifically students, to Jesus Christ.

[DO] Then connect those students to churches where they can grow and be discipled. We also connect churches to the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina in order to resource them and provide quality programs in the area of Youth Ministry.

[TELL] There are over 8 million people living in North Carolina and over 823,000 of them are teenagers. The sad news is that only 4% of those teenagers profess to be Christians. Our goal in the Youth Ministry Office is to reach out to the remaining 96% of those students who are not Christians and train that 4% in ways to reach their friends.

What We Believe

  1. In One God, eternally existing in three persons--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
  2. In Jesus Christ, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary. He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, died and rose again, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our Mediator and Advocate.
  3. The Bible is the infallible Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority.
  4. Every person needs to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross.
  5. Christ rose from the dead, reigns supreme at the Father's right hand and is coming soon.
  6. The Holy Spirit gives us the grace and power to live the Christian life.
  7. All believers are called to live by the Great Commandment and the Great Commission in order that our lives bear much fruit, care for the needs of people, reflect Christ and ultimately give glory to God.

Just Some of What We Do

There are events for students and youth leaders planned for just about every month throughout the year. The main event every year is Youth Weeks Summer Camp at Camp Caswell. For seven weeks during the summer, almost 7,000 students and leaders come through the gates at Camp Caswell and experience God in a way that they have never experienced Him before.

During the fall we host several weekend retreats at Camp Caswell. In the winter we host our annual ski retreat, a weekend filled with skiing and worship. There are about just as many events for youth leaders as there are for students. In order to keep the youth leaders in our state on the cutting-edge of youth ministry, we hold training events around the state. The list of events for students and leaders could go on and on.

Be.Do.Tell: What does it mean?

Be come a Christian
Do Discipleship
Tell Others About Jesus